|Violin Tip of the Day
For Violin Students of All Ages
|Practice and Rehearsal Tips. Technique Pointers. Violin Care Guidance. Exercises and Motivation for Violinists, Fiddlers or Anyone Interested in Stringed Instruments.|
|A big part of successfull violin playing is maintaining your instrument! It is not enough to just pick it up, play it, wipe it off and put it away. There are things that you need to do on a regular basis to make sure that the instrument sounds its best.
1. Change the strings regularly. If you have gone more than 6 months on a set of strings, consider changing them out. Oil from your fingers builds up on them. Rosin from your bow builds up as well. All in all, degradation of the string is a natural occurence, and you need to change your strings every so often.
2. Check to see that fine tuners are appropriately positioned. If you are continually tightening or loosening your fine tuners they will reach a point where they are no longer effective. Every so often you will need to loosen your strings, bring the fine tuners to the center of their range then re-tune using the pegs. This allows you to use the fine tuners to their best advantage.
3. Check your bridge. The bridge will need to be repositioned on a regular basis. You will also need to replace your bridge regularly if it becomes warped.
4. Check your pegs. Do they stick or slip?
5. Lubricate your nut and your bridge by drawing in the slots in the nut and the bridge with a graphite pencil. This allows the strings to slide in the slots more easily, which makes them easier to tune.!
|Christmas is TOMORROW!
Pressed For Time? Don't Know What to Buy?
Gift Certificates are a GREAT Way to Let Your Violinist Pick Exactly What They Want And They Can Be Delivered Electronically!
|Keyboard Skills are Essential for any Serious Musician. This Software will Help You Develop the Skills You Need on the Keyboard.
Great Reviews for this Software Package! Take a Look!
|Amazon.com -- Everything from Books to CD's to DVD's to Instruments and Accessories!
A Wonderful Choice because of Selection Alone!
Sheet Music Plus -- One of the Best Sheet Music Sites on the Internet! Vast Selection.
Good Prices. Popular Music, Classical, Bluegrass . . . They've Got It All!
Virtual Sheet Music -- With This Your Violinist Can Download Sheet Music Right to His
Computer! Fast and Convenient!
Woodwind/Brasswind -- One of the oldest online musical supply stores around. Many of
their products come with Low Price Guarantees!
|A GREAT book on Practicing Your Instrument!
Start Off the