|Barry Bowers was born in Walla, Walla, Washington. He moved to the Reno, NV area with his family when he was 8 years old, and he began playing viola at the age of 11. He attended the University of Nevada, Reno, where he earned Bachelor's and Master's degrees in music.|
|Barry and his wife Sonja are the U.S. representatives for Happy Child Mission, a Christian organization which ministers to street children in Brazil. Barry and Sonja's vision is to use their music as a vehicle to increase awareness to the condition of these Brazilian children. A portion of all CD revenue goes to support the mission.|
|He has played in symphony orchestras in Reno and Las Vegas, and in orchestras accompanying many prominent entertainers, including Elton John, Billy Joel, Wynonna, and Kenny Rogers. Barry now lives in Las Vegas, Nevada, and concentrates on writing, playing, and recording arrangements of Christian music for the violin. He plays a 6-string fretted Viper violin manufactured by Wood Violins.|
|1. Lord, I Lift Your Name On High
2. Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus/Open Our Eyes
3. Jesu, Joy Of Mans' Desiring
4. You Are My Hiding Place
5. Jesus, Lover Of My Soul
6. Flyin' Like An Eagle
7. Pachelbel Canon
8. Fantasia On 'Greensleeves'
9. Worthy Is The Lamb
10. Great Is Thy Faithfulness
|Happy Child Mission´s Specific Objectives
• To provide the children and young people helped by Happy Child Mission with a whole character, generating values and developing in them right attitudes through systematic work of teaching and living.
• Help children to form a full character, developing in them right attitudes through systematic teaching and living with them.
• To attend the physical, spiritual and social needs of the children equipping them for integration back into their families and community.
• To promote the well being of the child without prejudice against race, colour, sex or any other form of discrimination.